Sunday, November 2, 2008

So Far So Good


So I am happy with myself. I am taking it one day at a time and I find that if I just THINK before I eat something, and if I just weigh the pro's and cons of sitting around, I tend to eat sensibly (within my points) and I decide to go to the gym.

I really do think that it's mind over matter. At my meeting, my Leader always says to find a "goal" - it can be anything other than "I want to lose weight". My goal is the following:

In three months, when I have to wear my beatiful wedding gown, I want the tie up in the back to be a narrow line, not very wide at the top and skinny at the bottom. THAT, is my goal. I'm sure it may sound silly to some, but it's something for me to look forward to and to work towards.

A small goal I have came up today. I bought a pair of size 8 pants from Express (wide leg Editor if anybody wants to know). Anyway, they fit and I can get away with them, but if they were just a smidgen bigger they would be more comfortable. I bought them for my shower, so that is in one month. My goal is for them to fit comfortably. I estimate that if i drop 5 pounds they should be great fitting. (I tend to lose weight first in the gut - and GAIN first there too!!) So that's my mini-goal, and I really want to reach it because I don't want to eat 2 things and the pants get too tight on me!

So some NSV's:

Saturday we had a birthday party for my nephew to be, and his mom and gramma made a VERY CUTE (and yummy - I think!) Thomas the Train cake. I DID not - I repeat DID NOT have a piece. The most I ate was two pieces of licorice off the top of the cake. I was quite proud of myself because I'm not one to turn down cake!!

Today, I went to the states with my mom (I'm Canadian!) and we went to Olive Garden for lunch. We got the soup/salad combo. I chose the minestrone and dodged most of the pasta shells. I started to eat a breadstick then decided that it just wasn't worth it, so I put it down. (Bread is my nemisis). I filled up on the salad and soup broth and felt great.

And lastly, I have been to the gym 3 days in a row, and get this - I don't want to stop! It's great! I am getting back in a groove.

No comments: